The first edition of the IEEE BOMBAY SECTION SIGNATURE CONFERENCE – IBSSC-2019 was successfully organised during July 26-28, 2019 at the VMCC, IIT Bombay. While the theme of this Symposium is “Frontiers of Technologies: Fuelling Prosperity of the Planet and People”, the tracks chosen for this edition are: Internet of Things, Data Science and Analytics, Robotics Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Day-long pre-conference tutorials were organised by two academia experts on July 26, 2019. While Dr. Sanjay S. Shitole (UMIT, Mumbai) conducted a tutorial on “Machine Learning based predictive analytics”, Prof. Santosh Chapaneri (SFIT, Mumbai) dealt with “Advances in Deep Learning”.
The Conference was inaugurated and the keynote address on “Building a successful data driven organization (Jio)” was delivered by Mr. Raghuram Velega, VP – Head of Analytics (Big data and ML), Jio Infocomm Ltd. The plenary talks were delivered by the experts from industry, academic and research fields. Following is the list of plenary talks:
- Ms. Shreya Shah (Intellica.AI) and Ms. Kajal Kodrani (Azilen Technologies) on “Text Similarity using NLP Techniques”,
- Prof. Vivek Borkar (IIT Bombay) on “Crawling towards ephemera”,
- Mr. Manuyash Chaudhary (Accubits Technologies) on “The Future of AI”,
- Mr. Bhanwar Bishnoi (L&T) on “IoT in Smart Grid and Smart Agriculture System”,
- Ms. Reema Shah (La Esfera Multiservices Llp) on “Robotics Process Automation: A way forward”,
- Dr. Sasikumar M (CDAC) on “Robotics: Where we are and challenges” and
- Dr. Shravan M Hanasoge (TIFR) on “The exciting applications of Machine learning in Science”
Mathworks has not only supported the Conference, but also its Education Technical Evangelist, Mr. Pawankumar Fakatkar conducted an industry session on “Digital Transformation: Preparing the Engineer of Tomorrow” as well as organised a broadcast session on “Addressing challenges in Deep Learning workflows using MATLAB”.
In response to Call For Papers in the above-mentioned tracks, 329 papers were received. After a strict multi-review process, only 83 best quality papers were selected for oral presentation, out of which 51 papers were presented in eight parallel sessions at the Conference. Two of the best presentations were awarded. The papers presented at the Conference will be submitted soon to IEEE Xplore for publication subject to their norms.
Based on the informal feedback received at the Conference, the conference format, the tracks, the tutorials as well as the plenary sessions were found to be highly informative and inspirational by the participants. The young delegates were able to beneficially network and interact with the invited experts from all walks of the technical professions and carried home an enriching experience with them.
For Photogallery Click Here
IEEE BOMBAY SECTION SIGNATURE CONFERENCE – IBSSC -2020, was held in virtual mode during December 4-6, 2020. While the theme of this Conference was “Frontiers of Technologies: Fuelling Prosperity of the Planet and People”, the tracks of the conference were as follows:
- Industry 4.0
- Electronics Surveillance
- Education Technology
Keynote Speech: Each day of the conference commenced with a key note address:
- The day 1 of the conference commenced with a Key note address by Mr. Ramanan Ramanathan – Mission Director Atal Innovation Mission, Additional Secretary at NITI Aayog
- The day 2 of the conference commenced with a Key note address by Dr. Tessy Thomas – DRDO, India
- The day 3 of the conference commenced with a Key note address by Mr. Ramesh Menon – Chief Architect | US Federal CTO at IBM
Expert Talks and Panel discussion: Expert Talks and Panel discussion were organised by industry veterans on the date of the conference. Following are the details of the expert speakers:
- Expert Talk on industrial 4.0 Standard by Dr. Mangesh Chansarkar – SirF Technology, USA
- Expert Talk on Educational Technology by Mr.Franxan Stanley – Aye Learning Labs, India
- Panel discussion on Impact of Industry 4.0 Panelist, Mr. Abhay Phansikar, Dr. Bheesette Satyanarayana, Mr. Anand Gharpure and other invited speakers
- Expert Talk on Blockchain by Prof. Vidy Potdar – Cutin University, Perth, Australia
- Expert Talk on Blockchain by Ms..Debajani Mohanty- Consultant and Author, India
- Expert Talk on Educational Technology by Prof. Shridhar Iyar – IIT Bombay
- Expert Talk by Mr. Ajit B Chaudhary on Project Director Akash, DRDL Hyderabad by Tactical Missile System
- Expert Talk by Dr. Jagannath Nayek’s (Director, CHESS, DRDO) on Beam control technology for Laser system
The Conference included Review Talks (invited talks by distinguished experts) and Contributory Talks (by authors of selected papers on the chosen topics of the conference).
For Photogallery Click Here